LIGHTS, CAMERA AND ACTION AGAINST DATING VIOLENCE (Lights4violence)
This project is focused on promoting adolescents’ capabilities to improve their intimate relationships with their peers through different activities that aim to:
- Enable adolescents to acknowledge IPV-related protective factors that are present in themselves, their families, the school and other closed settings, and to know how to properly use them,
- Contribute to education and awareness-raising about the importance of positive interpersonal relationships based on self- esteem and trust,
- Endorse adolescents in challenging sexist and tolerant attitudes towards gender-based violence and dating violence,
- Promote skills to manage problems and conflicts through interpersonal communication, mediation and negotiation among youth, and
- Empower young people to claim their rights and those of their peers to be held in esteem and to protect themselves from at-risk or abusive relationships.
Lights4violence main activities are:
- Seminar with teachers: “Promoting Protective Assets Related to Violence Together”.
- Workshop with adolescents: “Filming Together to See Ourselves in a New Present”.
- Short film exhibitions with participants, their families, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Teaching guides for the use of short films.
- Computer-based evaluation system.
- International Final Conference: “Dating Violence and the Role of Education”.
Type and number of persons benefiting from the project: 600 to 700 adolescents (boys and girls), aged 13 to 15 years, enrolled in secondary education schools from Alicante (Spain), Rome (Italy), Cardiff (UK), Iasi (Romania), Porto (Portugal) and Poznań (Poland).
- Increased adolescent awareness about the importance of positive interpersonal relationships based on esteem and trust;
- Improved adolescent attitudes against sexism, intolerance towards intimate partner violence and other forms of violence against peers; and,
- Improved adolescent skills for managing conflicts through interpersonal communication, mediation